If you are tired of ordinary bread, try to replace it with mchadi. To cook such cakes is simple and fast.
Brief description of dish
Mzadi is a corn Georgian cake, which is used in this country instead of bread. It is prepared from a dough consisting of water and flour, sometimes additives are added to it, for example, cheese, chopped beans with green onions, cilantro, parsley. The consistency of the bread is dense, and when eating, the wrinkles break with hands. The traditional way of cooking is frying in oil, but baking is used.
How to cook?
How to cook tasty mchadi, observing the Georgian traditions? Below are two simple recipes.
Recipe # 1
This is a simple mcadi of corn flour. For cooking you need:
- three glasses of corn flour;
- about one and a half or two glasses of water (how to take the dough);
- salt to taste (the optimum amount is a teaspoon);
- vegetable oil.
- Pour the flour into any wide and sufficiently deep container, immediately add the salt.
- Warm the water well or bring it to a boil, gradually enter into the flour while stirring the mass.
- When the water is slightly cool by the flour, start kneading the dough with your hands. It should be quite dense, but stay elastic. It can also stick to your hands, it’s normal and almost inevitable.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan. Wet hands in cool water so that the dough does not stick, and start to separate it, forming small cakes. Fry them from two sides to a golden one, and cover the container with a lid, so that the dough is well roasted and turned soft.
- Crunchy mchadi are ready!
You can cook even more delicious mchadi with cheese. You will need:
- a full glass of corn flour;
- half a teaspoon of salt;
- half a teaspoon of granulated sugar at will;
- three tbsp. L. Butter;
- half a glass of milk;
- yolk of a chicken egg;
- 400 g of suluguni cheese
- vegetable oil.
- Sift flour, fill it with a hill and form a depression in its center.
- Soften the oil, heat the milk. Put these ingredients in the middle of the slide along with sugar, yolk and salt.
- Knead the dough, form a ball of it. Next roll the sausage, divide it into eight or ten equal brusochkov, from each form a cake.
- Cheese cut into slices, approximately the size corresponding to cakes.
- Take a serving of cheese, put it in the center of the cake and fill it on all sides so that during the cooking process, the melting cheese does not flow out.
- In the same way, do the other mchadi from the Suluguni.
- Pour oil into the frying pan, warm it well. Roast the buns until golden on both sides on a small fire for about five minutes.
- It’s done!
Advice: if the dough sticks to the palms, moisten them with cold water.
Prepare rich and delicious maches instead of regular bread!